Monday, March 19, 2012


this AM i woke up totally on the wrong side of the bed....to say i was in a monday morning funk would be an understatement.  i stayed up entirely too late doing important things like watching bravo's shahs of sunset (did i seriously admit that), then i got in bed and started thinking about all the things i had to do this week....i stared at the ceiling for a very long time....then the alarm went off to go running but right before i was about to leave i checked my phone and my runner partner had canceled....i needed to turn my day around.  ask warren, he'll vouch that was mood was rotten.....
so after dropping taylor off, walker and i went for a run.  and i must say there is nothing better then pounding the pavement when things aren't going your way.  before i left, i created a new playlist that included we are young (seriously see if you can listen to this song and not be transformed into a 21 yr old) and otis (this just makes you feel like a bad a$$).  and afterwards, i was transformed into a new person.....
 so i think i owe my family a due over for this AM.....
 here you go honey :)
in other news....i did start my front porch makeover......and i am already so much happier!!  i painted my bench, got ferns, added pine straw, had some bushes chopped back, and bought flowers for my planters and bed (now if i can just plant and water them)......
still need to paint my front door and ceiling and get a new light but things are looking up!!  okay, i'm off to love on this little man...
have a HAPPY monday!!!!

*images courtesy of dust jack attic, breakfast at toast, sunday in bed, rikshaw design

10 comments:

Like Me Some said...

I got my swagger back!! JayZ woke me up and put a smile on my face this monday morning:) Have a bad a$$ monday and kick some butt cuz now I'm ready! Thanks
Jamie

Liz said...

what color green is your bench
LOVE it

Laurie said...

Love a good run to set everything right with the world!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I have those days every once in a while, typically do to late night TV watching! I am glad to hear you are out of your funk. :) Exercise makes me feel so much better.

XO,

Sam
www.ThePeakofTresChic.com

Lisa Mende said...

Aren't Mondays the hardest! We were coming off a week at the beach for spring break, so when that alarm went off, not only did I turn over but my hubby did too! Ugh! Then it got better from there. I am off to run some miles myself and then can hunker down for tv tonight with the kids...love your progress on your porch!! and your son is beautiful!!! i could squeeze him too!

Megan S. said...

hey girl! I painted my door and storm door and it is the same color as your bench (so glad bc you know your colors:))...you would be so proud. Once I finish it up when our new sod and irrigation are in, i will forward. hope all is well.

Unknown said...

I love the his and hers coffee mugs

aboutprettythings.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

holy cow where have I been...totally love your blog (your newest follower!) :-) Love all these photos!

xoxo
Aarean

colorissue.blogspot.com (a blog all about color!!!)

kristen said...

what a precious little man you have, shannon. too cute. loving the painted bench!!! xoxo.

Jasmine said...

Where are the his and hers coffee mugs from? I love them!!!