Tuesday, July 15, 2008

trash to treasure....




so i have been doing a little shopping for a client of mine. they are moving into a new house and they sold everything with their previous home. so they have nothing to add character- no books, no accessories- everything is starting new. hence, me and my shopping excursions...best job ever by the way. the home has lots of bookshelves...which can seem a little daunting when you have nothing to put in them...so i have been out and about at every antique store in charleston and the surrounding areas. you know antique shopping is not always glamorous...in fact, i chuckle when i go to one of my favorite places here- a salvage yard. its hot as hell in there; there is no AC in the building and it is a place you have to dig. you really have to want it...and i crave the find! i can't picture my old boss in a place like this...digging for a client...but that is one of the things i love...and the perks of being a young, hungry designer. so here are some of my goodies thus far...i will be moving them into the home in about a week and i'll be sure to take some pics...but before that all takes place, i am off to GA again to add to my collection of goodies and dig through their piles of junk!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

those are some GOODIES! I'm going to beg you for your source next time I'm headed to Charleston, so let me know if I can do anything to butter you up before then!

megan @ a life's design said...

I love everything!
I am with jennifer, I would love to know your sources. She and I may have to plan a trip to come up! I need to visit the salvage yard with you.

simply seleta said...

The bottle collection just gave me heart palpitations. Got any nitroglycerine around? Seriously good finds.

I imagine that you may be hitting Scott's Antique Market in Atlanta next. Good stuff. And one nice perk: air conditioning!

Anonymous said...

Now I know you don't like to read much, BUT reading this made me think of a book you really would like....Savannah Blues (then Savannah Breeze) by Mary Kay Andrews. It's a cute little book about who girl who does just what you're talking about of digging through stuff to find hidden treasures...and it takes place in Savannah! It's a cute beach read style book!

Mindy :)

Anonymous said...

Heck yeah! Shopping AND getting paid?! Fabulous! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

arre said...

hi - i live in georgia and keep meaning to tell you about an adorable area of savannah - whitaker street. you may already be familiar but if you are not definitely check it out!