Wednesday, April 2, 2008

there is something about good customer service....

i don't know about y'all but in my industry, customer service it key. if you want me to come back and use your product, showroom, etc. then show me some southern hospitality. yesterday, was a perfect example of how a good sales rep can totally make my job easier and left me with a pleasant smile on my face. i was working on exterior lighting and we were debating b/w two different lanterns in the showroom. well, the sales rep, chuck, couldn't have been nicer and said "here's what we are going to do shannon, let's take these lanterns and look at them at the house." and that's just want we did. he met me at the job site with all of the goods and we just sat there and held up different options. it was above and beyond the call of duty but made a lasting impression on me...it totally pays to be nice!

4 comments:

cotedetexas said...

You got that right - I'm glad you had a great experience. last week I took a client to two showrooms = ready to totally put new hardware everywhere - we left thinking - was our breath bad? no one would give us the time of day. It was unreal - I called a wholesaler competitor, who was very nice.

Joni

JLC Studio said...

I hear you on that one! Whenever I deal with a showroom or customer service person who sounds like they'd rather be getting a root canal than helping me purchase some of their product, I wonder what they expected to be doing when they agreed to take their job in the first place. Hellooo, you're in sales...customer service is key!

A great salesperson will have me coming back time and again!!!

pve design said...

My Father began his business in 1945 and the main reason it is still going strong is the service. Service has always been so important, it truly is the key to running a good business and making a lasting impression.
Love those lights.

Unknown said...

Couldn't have said it better myself! Customer service is absolutely key and essential for a thriving happy customer base. We've experienced this as well, if you're selling lanterns or any e-commerce product for that matter its very important. I love your lantern here! We also have a catalog of lanterns at French Market Lanterns. Check them out and let us know what you think of the designs!