Wednesday, December 19, 2007

orche


i love it when i stumble across something that takes my breath away; orche does just that. this company offers a line of furniture, lighting, and accessories that are beautiful. the lines on the pieces are modern with elegant, classic propotions. the company is headed by british couple harriet maxwell macdonald and andrew corrie and you can go to their store in nyc (462 broome st. to be exact). i love the earth tones that are found in the upholstery and the sleek wood finishes. another thing they are famous for are their beautifully handcrafted lighting. i inquired about this company and immidately got a response back (thanks dana) to see if they worked with the trade. it seems like they are very designer friendly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same photo of the bedroom, on my blog! Great minds think alike.
But I do love Ochre. There was a recent article about Harriet's home in a magazine. Unfortunately, I read so many, I can't remember which one it was. It was beautiful though.

Sam Suttie said...

I can't get over the stunning effect of that chandelier above the bed, I could never sleep under it though I have a small fear of something falling on my head while I am sleeping :) oh well I will have to save it for a special client.

Anonymous said...

Hi, you've been tagged. Go to my site for the rules.

Things That Inspire said...

A friend of mine has the arctic pear chandelier (by Ochre) in her dining room. It is simply stunning.

Anonymous said...

Do you know where your friend purchased the arctic pear chandelier?