Monday, December 10, 2007

bronze, the classy way of saying brass....



i can't believe i am writing about this but brass is creeping back into the design world. some of you may say "did it ever leave"...well, if that is what you are thinking- YES, it left! you must be one of those who are holding onto that chandelier that came w/ the house when you bought it in the early 90's. i think that if you put the word "antique" in front of brass- antique brass, it makes the word sound so much better. brass is something i associate w/ the 80's and early 90's...but lately, (can't believe i am saying this) i am loving some bronze/ antique brass looks . you will be seeing it in hardware, which is pictured above (thanks beach bungalow8). i love the way it reads in this kitchen and the light just screams cool. lighting is another place it will be found... and you will also see this finish in a lot of furniture design. i adore this lona design console in pale pink with bronze accents. so, i guess we must give brass...let me clear my throat- bronze/ antique brass another look. and forgive those nice people who have hung onto their beloved 80's brass chandeliers.....

9 comments:

Things That Inspire said...

That's why I never replaced the doorknobs or chandeliers in my late 80s built home...I was waiting for brass to come back in style! (Or, maybe it is because I always think that I will move into a better house in a few years, so why bother changing things that stay with the house?). Anyway, glad to read this post!

TIG said...

You may be right about rethinking bronze because the pale pink console with bronze (okay, antique brass) accents is very stylish!

Laura Naples said...

I am also loving "antique brass" lately because it's so warm and sparkly. I especially love it with pastels as in the picture you're showing--very chic. I also like to mix metals and like seeing antique brass with stainless steel or chrome.

Alison Duffy said...

Shannon,

I think we we're seperated at birth! I just started composing a post with that very first picture. I just love the grey with the brass, I'm considering going with the exact same tones with my new kitchen.

Anonymous said...

I love the pink and antique brass.

Funny how things come and go. I've been pulling out some old gold jewelry to wear it again...

Anonymous said...

как лижут у малолеток http://free-3x.com/ секс в школе free-3x.com/ ебут студентку онлайн [url=http://free-3x.com/]free-3x.com[/url]

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read that article. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read this blog. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

BTW, buy GSM jammer to jam all spy transmitters in your room or office.