Thursday, October 25, 2007

O & L delivered






well i met with the grizzel and mann rep yesterday and as always, osborne and little gave me some good staples for the upcoming season. i will have to say that i saw a ton of black....there was a lot of it in the backgrounds of the fabrics and in the wallpaper collection. and i am not going to lie- i like it!! for a girl who was sold on the robin's egg blue/chocolate brown color combo three years ago, i was relieved to see the new color palettes. there is still a ton of that blue color out there though. i loved the vintage II wallpaper by O & L, the pic above is one selection from it (i love the acid yellow and plum color combo). apparently, vintage I came along while i was on bed rest, so i will have to backtrack and take a look at it. liberty (a division of o&l) had some good cut velvets. i love the art deco one featured above. if you are in the market for some fun fabs and wallpaper, check out O & L with your local interior designer.

i also got to see raoul....i love this company (even more than O & L, which i sometimes get tired of). they offer gorgeous linen prints that are very subtle, organic, and earthy. they had a lot of ikats and of course, unique botanicals. if you have the cash, this is a great company to splurge on! well, that's if for the rep meetings this season. i am excited about my new samples. when they come in, i'll share a few that are my favs! have a great thursday, i'm off to battle the rain and look at some granite. until tomorrow.....

4 comments:

Things That Inspire said...

I love your commentary on color trends. It is so interesting, as color is such a subject of interest to me (having a background and focus on art).

I checked out Raoul at G&M a few weeks ago. What lovely colors and designs! I was very drawn to the Designers Guild fabrics at G&M. They have some very bold colors. It was like looking at pieces of art.

annechovie said...

Hello Shannon~
I found you via Absolutely Beautiful Things and loved your tip on Hudson in Boston. Thank you! That costume for your baby is beyond clever - made me laugh!

Unknown said...

I am a big fan of Raoul fabrics.
Unfortunatley they are not repped in my area, so I don't get to see the updates that frequently. Lucky you.

girl meets glamour said...

Me too I love Raoul fabrics and I'm with you on the new O & L palette! Thanks so much for contacting me about your blog, I just love your content! Keep it up and see you around the blogging world.

~Kate